When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1938 Y Frame road master supreme Info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

npence

I live for the CABE
I thought I would start this thread for everyone that wants to know more about these rare bikes. Ive only seen 4 of these bikes in pictures. Is there more out there or is that it. Please feel free to add pictures of these bikes and any info you may have on them. Thanks,
74b1330584960dbb6d55cc3c80044bc4-1.jpg

206585ca4f18948c9e1e6698921fbb15-1.jpg

My 37 has threaded holes in the frame for the lantern battery cage mounts, then the tank mounts to the cage. It is a very unusual way to fit a tank, but it's solid and seems to work well.
Does the 38 tank mount the same way, and if not, are the threaded holes still in the frame?
The reason I ask, is that I wondered if the 38 frames were just run outs from the 37 production run.

cyclingday

can you post pics of your bike
does it have this type of tank or is it the bug eyed 37

My 37 has threaded holes in the frame for the lantern battery cage mounts, then the tank mounts to the cage. It is a very unusual way to fit a tank, but it's solid and seems to work well.
Does the 38 tank mount the same way, and if not, are the threaded holes still in the frame?
The reason I ask, is that I wondered if the 38 frames were just run outs from the 37 production run.

Nick I was watching this too and knew it would end early. My problem with the bike was all the incorrect parts. He did have the frame and tank however but from I could tell the chainguard, rear fender and wheels, were not correct. I am curious as to how much this sold for and hope the buyer knows he'll have a bit of hunting to do to complete it.

Last edited:
cyclingday

can you post pics of your bike
does it have this type of tank or is it the bug eyed 37

Hi, Jim.
It has the bug eye tank
I've never taken the time to learn to post pics, but I'll send you some via e-mail, and if you like, you can post them on this thread.

My problem with the bike was all the incorrect parts. He did have the frame and tank however but from I could tell the chainguard, rear fender and wheels, were not correct. I am curious as to how much this sold for and hope the buyer knows he'll have a bit of hunting to do to complete it.

It's obvious this bike has been cobbled together, but in my opinion all of the difficult parts that are needed to completely restore it, are there; the correct duck tail fenders w/ flat braces, the swan fork, the signature curved crank arms, and the elusive 4gill scimitar tank.

This is one of the few bicycles where most parts on the boys and girls models are interchangeable. The skirt guard holes on the rear fender is an easy fix! The missing truss rod bracket is an easy find. The apple core badge, the chain guard, and the tail light parts...have been reproduced, making it an easy restoration.

Back