When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939/1940 Westfield (Victory) in Red

-

thebigorangecat

Finally riding a big boys bike
UPDATE: Bicycle ID'd as: Westfield Built - Possibly a Victory Model

BB Code: F 2 (1939 Built)
Serial #: E125267 (1940 Assembly)

________________________________________________________________________________

After digging around this forum for a few days, taking into account what the seller stated and now uncovering the original paint - I'm a bit (well a lot) confused on dating and identifying this frame.

I have not found a look-a-like with the same darts and geometry. It also has vertical head badge holes.

IMG_4412.JPG

40q columbia.jpg

40 columbia 1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, Freqman,

the list is correct, just badly cut/paste and quoted. (I should know, I wrote the original).

(Note to Thebigorangecat (TBOC), it is useful to give a link/reference to where you find information so that people can check for themselves, or see your sources when doing their own research).

See post 11 here for the full details.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/westfield-frame-numbers-1933-1945.100743/#post-657829

I agree that Frame number E125267 is 1940.

There is a second BB code which is a letter and one or two numbers which indicate when the frame was made. This can just be seen above the Frame number in TBOC's photo. It seems to be an F and a number. If TBOC can tell us what that is, the year and month the frame was made can be deciphered. If it is F then the frame was made in 1939. The number will indicate the month.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Adrian,

Sorry for the butchered cut and paste - I forget sometimes that others could use this thread for their own research. I'll look tonight on the BB for the additional markings. I highlighted what I think you are referring to.

full.jpg

Back