When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 28 inch iver original nickel plated special racer project

-

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Been awhile ...so I thought I’d post my original iver Johnson special racer in it original fully nickel plated form project. It’s a 28 inch rim bike... this bike was painted completely in blue. I discovered something different when I cleaned it fully nickel frame preserved by the paint! . I had the crank setup and decided to put it in place for the moment then I’ll clean it up later. The parts on it are iver parts...I still don’t know why it’s fully nickeled ....I’m guessing it’s a worlds fair or a Olympic thing Just don’t know but it looks hot... anyway here are some pics for those who care...

Wowsaa! That was very nice of someone to throw that blue paint on and protect the nickle all those years. Great save!

Oh, we care! She is beautiful! I wonder if someone along the way, just didnt like nickel? Was the blue the iver pharoah blue over top of it?

redline1968,
Is there any evidence of pinstriping, trust the truss decal, or the Iver Johnson script on the nickel plating? Could these features be seen on the blue paint that you removed? Pete in Fitchburg

redline1968,
Is there any evidence of pinstriping, trust the truss decal, or the Iver Johnson script on the nickel plating? Could these features be seen on the blue paint that you removed? Pete in Fitchburg
None. When I cleaned it there was nothing to indicate pins on it nor a decal.id say pin stripes would be cool but nope never seen them.

After thinking about it....I’m wondering if I put the wrong type of rims on.. would they be 1930’s steel 28’s in clincher type with inner tubes instead of wood glue on tires?

Back