When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Airman Comet Monark built Five Bar Twin Suspension

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
1939 Airman Comet (Monark built) full suspension . This is a professional conversion of a real 1939 Monark Five Bar to the ultra-rare full suspension "Comet" version of which only two real bikes are known to exist. Comes as shown with dual Delta Silver Ray lights, re-chromed "No-Slip" stem and handlebars (small flaw on underneath of bars). As you can see in the ad for these they came with a drop stand and steerhorn bars--no butterfly stand or two position bars. Frame has some pitting as shown in pics but is solid and nothing that primer and glazing putty can't fix. I fixed the headcups and rode this bike briefly today. If you ever ride one of these you will understand why only a couple exist. The rear fork compresses when braking. Until you get used to this it can be a bit startling. A fairly straight forward restoration of a bike many will never see.$2200 shipped. I would sell the frame and fork for $800 shipped-no other parts at this time. My PM is turned off. Do not respond here. Contact me at [email protected] for more info or to make purchase. Thanks, Shawn

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

1939%20ss%20spiegel%20pg383.jpg

Last edited:
Bump--Frame and fork--does not include seatpost/shim or crank/chain ring--$800 shipped

Back