When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Airman Comet Monark built Five Bar Twin Suspension

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
1939 Airman Comet (Monark built) full suspension . This is a professional conversion of a real 1939 Monark Five Bar to the ultra-rare full suspension "Comet" version of which only two real bikes are known to exist. Comes as shown with dual Delta Silver Ray lights, re-chromed "No-Slip" stem and handlebars (small flaw on underneath of bars). As you can see in the ad for these they came with a drop stand and steerhorn bars--no butterfly stand or two position bars. Frame has some pitting as shown in pics but is solid and nothing that primer and glazing putty can't fix. I fixed the headcups and rode this bike briefly today. If you ever ride one of these you will understand why only a couple exist. The rear fork compresses when braking. Until you get used to this it can be a bit startling. A fairly straight forward restoration of a bike many will never see.$2200 shipped. I would sell the frame and fork for $800 shipped-no other parts at this time. My PM is turned off. Do not respond here. Contact me at [email protected] for more info or to make purchase. Thanks, Shawn

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0046.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0050.JPG

DSC_0052.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0060.JPG

1939%20ss%20spiegel%20pg383.jpg

Last edited:
Bump--Frame and fork--does not include seatpost/shim or crank/chain ring--$800 shipped

Back