When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Club Sports Paramount.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
I was curious about this 1939 model Schwinn Paramount/Superior.
Has anyone ever come across one of these frames?
If you look at the spec sheet, it's a racing frame, but has the fender tabs of the longer wheel base Sports Tourist model.
This ones kind of a cross between the two.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
It's a pretty sharp looking bike, I just wonder if any of these have ever turned up?

Man that's a cool Clubman model. I thought those were a Raleigh thing in late 40's-50's. I don't have a Club one, but do have a mostly original Superior Tourist I figure to be 40'-41' based on serial. Could use restoring and a few correct (although mostly era correct as is) parts, but is fun as is.

Man that's a cool Clubman model. I thought those were a Raleigh thing in late 40's-50's. I don't have a Club one, but do have a mostly original Superior Tourist I figure to be 40'-41' based on serial. Could use restoring and a few correct (although mostly era correct as is) parts, but is fun as is.
I think it Was a Raleigh thing, but Schwinn persisted in trying to get Americans interested in adult bicycles, without much luck.

Clubman bikes were a British bike fad in the 1930s through the 1950s. They were the bike the young lads (teens through 20s) rode. This my version made from a prewar (1941) Schwinn New world with Superior crank option. Roger

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

That is a neat ad as well, had not seen before. The biggest difference is that the wheel base is about 2" shorter than the Sports Tourist and some options like Dunlop tires as standard. I would think the lugs are same style for the Paramount, but who knows.

Here is my filet brazed Superior Sports Tourist from the early 40's. Upgraded Paramount hubs and dual brakes like the Paramount version. The 700c don't fit the brake reach well and it needs original pointed front fender (its newer) along with a few other things, but have not come across one or even looked recently. Would also like an old Schwinn seat bag at some point. Does still have the Superior headset which is pretty rare. I had brakes French style, but have since moved back down bars. Also turned brake pads in front, they reach about 3/4 of the rim.

39708652261_7eeac61856_k.jpg

39677840272_d33fc96941_k.jpg

Last edited:
Back