When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Colson Tandem

-
Wondering if there was any special shorty stems made for the rear handlebars. Sharper turns get kind or awkward with the reverse stem on the rear.

Are the headbadge screws specialty screws or could I find new ones that would fit/look correct?

Also located a ND two speed setup that will find its way on this bike as well.

DSC08597.jpg
DSC08593.jpg
DSC08594.jpg

Got the 2 speed installed!

DSC08597.jpg

DSC08593.jpg

DSC08594.jpg

I think I'd like to find a shorty stem for the rear, like this bike has on it.

TandemSilo.jpg

Also, I think I'm going to try to locate a fork that is in better condition and has the correct strut braces. If anyone knows of anything let me know

TandemSilo.jpg

Hey Brian, great project!
I am no way a guru on these but, the fork is wrong. Not sure I've ever seen these equipped with the front fork and trussrod guide plate.
The two I'm working on don't have them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yeah, but he'll call it a Voteswagen. :confused:
How can anyone get.a hold of Mike Wolfe? I have tried a d his stores just blow me off saying he doesn't hunt parts for anyone
I thought if I told.him to be on the lookout for some Colson parts are I would pick them goi p at.the Nashville.store
Workers at naskv i'l e.store wouldn't even pass a note to him for what I was looking for. I thought the idea was to buy and sell and I m a buyer!!!! Sorry to jump on thread but I collect.bikes too and was hoping he would have.or know.whrr I could get.the parts I need. I fi ar broke down and had a part.machined.
Hey Brian, great project!
I am no way a guru on these but, the fork is wrong. Not sure I've ever seen these equipped with the front fork and trussrod guide plate.
The two I'm working on don't have them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Done some work and located a few pieces:

New tires and rims. O'hauled hubs. found a headbadge

Still would like to find one of the original type drop stands (double wide), some OG headbadge screws, and any info on saddle resto. I have the original seats/pans.

View attachment 173274

View attachment 173274
I'll swap you a 1933 colson tantem for the bus :) man that is sharp. I bought several of those drop strands on Ebay for my wwhizzers
Of course they are not the colson but they look exactly the same even with the latch piece to hold it up

Back