When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Doodle Bug Speed-a-way tricycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Saintaug

On Training Wheels
My Dad gave me his Doodle Bug that he had when he was a little boy. It is all original and everything is in tact. But it has been used a lot. I do not have a need for it and was wondering if someone could tell me a ballpark value of it. I would appreciate any info that you could provide. Thanks !!
Doodle Bug Sped-a-way 3.jpg
Doodle Bug Sped-a-way 2.jpg

That thing is adorable! I wish I was closer to you I would buy it from you.

I restored one a few years ago, there are few different version of these. Doodle bugs and Irish Mails. I have had the seat decal repoped and have one if you deside to restore it. Sulley

my 1929 Doddle Bug
0131-1.jpg

0151-1.jpg

my 1934 Irish Mail
001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sulley, thanks for the pics of your bugs. They look fantastic !! At this time, I am not interested in restoring it, but thought about selling it "as is". If I don't get any interest from anyone wanting to buy it "as is", I may have to restore it. I will get back with you concerning the decals if I do.

Thanks again!

This is the shape my Doodlebug was in when i got it, i payed $100 for it and sold it to a guy in NYC for $350 he also bought the Irishmail i had, i payed $80 for that and sold it for $275 i think it was a fair price both bought and sold. Sulley

My Doodlebug when i got it.
435458656_o-1.jpg

My Irishmail when i got it.
KGrHqZlYE2EfrNQwBNvgccPZQ_121-1.jpg

Sulley, thanks for the pics of your bugs. They look fantastic !! At this time, I am not interested in restoring it, but thought about selling it "as is". If I don't get any interest from anyone wanting to buy it "as is", I may have to restore it. I will get back with you concerning the decals if I do.

Thanks again!
Do you still have the bug? Peace

Ours looks like you top picture, red one. I will make the seat and handle bars. Tires and decal are on the way. Do you know the year? Colors? I thought of yellow. not sure yet.
Iriah Mail Doodlebug.jpg

Back