When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Elgin AKA The Patina Queen

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Scribble

Wore out three sets of tires already!
IMG_20180331_181437_480.jpg

This is how she started out, straight out of Pocatello Idaho. Haven't been able to start working this this old girl because of how Krusty she was, soaked her for a month with BP Blaster just so I could disassemble with out striping all the components.

And this is after I rebuilt the head set, bottom bracket, and cleaned the heck out of it I also rubbed boiled linseed oil in the the patina. And I started the aging process one the chain guard, it was bare metal when I got it.
IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0853.jpg

IMG_0854.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

I'm gonna star rebuilding the wheels once I get another set of finned hubs, @GuitarlCarl was nice enough to sell me the set he had.
IMG_0863.JPG

IMG_0864.jpg

View attachment 882089
This is how she started out, straight out of Pocatello Idaho. Haven't been able to start working this this old girl because of how Krusty she was, soaked her for a month with BP Blaster just so I could disassemble with out striping all the components.

And this is after I rebuilt the head set, bottom bracket, and cleaned the heck out of it I also rubbed boiled linseed oil in the the patina. And I started the aging process one the chain guard, it was bare metal when I got it.
View attachment 882090
View attachment 882100
View attachment 882091
View attachment 882094
View attachment 882096
View attachment 882098
View attachment 882092
View attachment 882093
View attachment 882101
I'm gonna star rebuilding the wheels once I get another set of finned hubs, @GuitarlCarl was nice enough to sell me the set he had.
View attachment 882102
View attachment 882103
Nice! Looking forward to seeing the finished pics.

I love a story with a happy ending...Excellent job on your project . Thanks for sharing the photos.

Back