When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Firestone Flying Ace

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Eric is that chain wheel original to the bike? The only reason I'm asking is I have a prewar Lighting Flyer badged Huffman with the same one. I like the creme color wheels with that dark red paint.

Sean

Hey Sean,
From the advertisement I've seen for these bikes it should have a dogleg crank with the standard Huffman 26T inch pitch chainring. Since this was converted to the Bendix lever 2 speed, I believe the chainring was swapped to the 1/2" pitch.

(And just a reminder, my camera makes things more red than they really are. The remaining paint is brown from sun fade. The chainguard is a lighter shade of brown)

This modern wheelset will help with the overall look when I mount the fender light! Plus it's a 3 speed so the cable can fill the hole in the guard that was cut for the 2 speed.

Hey Sean,
From the advertisement I've seen for these bikes it should have a dogleg crank with the standard Huffman 26T inch pitch chainring. Since this was converted to the Bendix lever 2 speed, I believe the chainring was swapped to the 1/2" pitch.

(And just a reminder, my camera makes things more red than they really are. The remaining paint is brown from sun fade. The chainguard is a lighter shade of brown)

This modern wheelset will help with the overall look when I mount the fender light! Plus it's a 3 speed so the cable can fill the hole in the guard that was cut for the 2 speed.
Brown and creme is a nice color combo as well. It has plenty of character I would say and I agree with you about Blu and the other folks being a good group of people. I'll try my best to not interrupt your project, but I really like that tank incorporated into the frame. Plus I'm from the south, lol!

Brown and creme is a nice color combo as well. It has plenty of character I would say and I agree with you about Blu and the other folks being a good group of people. I'll try my best to not interrupt your project, but I really like that tank incorporated into the frame. Plus I'm from the south, lol!

Thanks again for your kind comments. I appreciate that someone is enjoying my suffering to get an old bike back on the road! :p Feel free to interrupt any time you feel the need! And the South is not a bad place. Most of my time in the Air Force was spent in Florida and North Carolina. And I love BBQ!!

Thanks again for your kind comments. I appreciate that someone is enjoying my suffering to get an old bike back on the road! :p Feel free to interrupt any time you feel the need! And the South is not a bad place. Most of my time in the Air Force was spent in Florida and North Carolina. And I love BBQ!!
I messaged you Eric and no Mike I'm not trying to pick up his bike, lol!

Sean

Spent the afternoon stripping silver paint from the chrome parts.
IMG_20181215_135530297.jpg

IMG_20181215_152712604.jpg

Did a dry brush on the stripes to match the original paint scheme.
IMG_20181215_192025436.jpg

Time for assembly. :) Hoping tomorrow's Denver Old Bikes Club monthly ride will be it's maiden voyage. We will see..

Thanks for the compliments guys! It was a long day. Had to clean all the bearings as well. A little massaging to make ok'd and new work together nicely. I guess the OBC ride in a few hours will be the maiden/shakedown ride. No pics of the complete bike yet. A couple more small adjustment are needed but fine for now. Will also try a few more bars and seats before I'm done but it's ready to ride! :)

Sneak peak...
IMG_20181122_113847065.jpg

More pics during the 77th Old Bikes Club ride tomor.... wait, later today!

Back