When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Hawthorne rat project!

-
J

John c

I really wanna share pics of my 1939 Hawthorne rat project but I can't figure out how to post pics with this darn iPhone! Would anybody be willing to post pics for me if I email you some? Once the pics are posted I will add the story behind the project!
Thanks for your help guys,

John.

2c554cac.gif

Ok, so I figured out how to post pics with this iPhone. I hope I can remember how in the heck I did it for future posts!
So this is my Hawthorne that I was gonna sell but nobody offered me what I felt it was worth and since I live rat bikes I decided to change a few things. I got the bike for next to nothing and it was 100% complete and original!
I went and got new tires for it, which cost 5X what I got the bike for, but worth every penny! I greased every bearing on the bike, buffed up the original paint with a buffing wheel on a drill, put on a schwinn sweet heart sprocket and added some ape hangers. This is what it ended up like!
I did however tag, label and box all the original parts for the bike so all the original parts are still very much ready to be put back on!
I don't think I'm done with this one yet!
MORE TO COME!!!

Looks great!

Make sure you head over to Ratrodbikes.com and post an Intro and then put this bike in the Gallery for others to enjoy!

Joe

Back