When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Hawthorne Zep Twin Bar CWC vs Snyder

-
Here's an old pic of my 39 Hawthorne Twin Bar up top which has aluminum truss rods so I think that made it Snyder built. The bike was originally covered in rust but the new owner took it down to what you see here which I think is red and white.
The picture below is what I believed to be a 39 Hawthorne Zep frame but mine does not have the lock on the frame nor does it have holes for the battery box either. So after a few people telling me yes it is a Zep and some saying no it's not due to the lock and missing holes for battery box I'm faced with a what the Hell do I have situation again.
I'll see if I can find a few more pics of bottom frame as it is in storage at the moment. Either way I miss the top bike and I love the bottom just as much as the top.
View attachment 2002535

It's a tankless "Zep" style frame. Like the bikes this whole thread is focused on. NOT like the rusty one you sold a while back.
That's what I was wanting confirmation on!! I miss that crusty one but this one is better in my opinion.

20240317_114544~2.jpg

20240317_103053~2.jpg

20240317_133415~2.jpg

20240317_130232~2.jpg

CWC built

Last edited:
Back