When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Hawthorne Zep Twin Bar CWC vs Snyder

-
Hi, I was recently contacted by a long time collector. He really appreciated the content of this thread and added some more intel. He reminded me of Steve Castelli's red restored CWC 39 Zep Twinbar in the Evolution of the Bicycle, Volume 2. I also added another pic I had and but had screwed up and double posted another. I am posting a few more pics that were sent to me. My plan is to outline the differences between the Snyder and the CWC in another post. I also included a pic of the Green/green Snyder.

Question? In the JR Plank collection, there was an Original Paint Green body, white head 39 Zep Twin Bar. Any photos or knowledge of whereabouts greatly appreciated.

An earlier pic of Brant's blue/red.

Last edited:
The bike with the sheet background after the evolution book pic is my bike in my attic where it remains hidden not ridden. Yes, there is a small piece of the fender missing behind the fork blade, but has remained intact...the tank has been impounded with the rest of the bike and not been a donor.
Chris

The bike with the sheet background after the evolution book pic is my bike in my attic where it remains hidden not ridden. Yes, there is a small piece of the fender missing behind the fork blade, but has remained intact...the tank has been impounded with the rest of the bike and not been a donor.
Chris
Awesome bike, CONGRATS!

Hi, I was recently contacted by a long time collector. He really appreciated the content of this thread and added some more intel. He reminded me of Steve Castelli's red restored CWC 39 Zep Twinbar in the Evolution of the Bicycle, Volume 2. I also added another pic I had and but had screwed up and double posted another. I am posting a few more pics that were sent to me. My plan is to outline the differences between the Snyder and the CWC in another post. I also included a pic of the Green/green Snyder.

Question? In the JR Plank collection, there was an Original Paint Green body, white head 39 Zep Twin Bar. Any photos or knowledge of whereabouts greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1106114

View attachment 1106115
An earlier pic of Brant's blue/red.
View attachment 1106116

View attachment 1106117

View attachment 1106118
The truss Rods are different
Sprocket....

Back