When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 hoffman moped..

-

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
20210328_115554.jpg

Brought back from ww2 by a service man.. gound in a garage.. motor is a 98cc. Stopes and brakes like a bicycle.. 2speed with nutral. Has a black out setup.. still needs resto..
20210328_115554.jpg

20210328_115437.jpg

20210328_115449.jpg

20210328_115500.jpg

Last edited:
I rebuilt the motor.. but the magnito is disentrating. Needs to be remade.. and gas. Tank is need repaired.. once i get my life back together ill work on them again..i like original condition but resto might be what it needs

Plan to restore or just clean & fix? I Dig It! I could see it being a Nice Unique rider with some tlc work

Last edited:
fairly similar to this 50s Hercules in this pic==also a german company that used JLO engines(though think this one is a Sachs). Both of these German machines are pretty similar to the James (Francis Barnett too) Clockwork Mouse of English/ ww2 fame. I have nothing to go on but gut, I think you Hoffman is late 40s. I dig these small bikes from this era(s)

They're pronounce iLo but I bet a man could sell JLO 1 of these or maybe pick up someone who looks like her hahaha. Too much booty for the bike?

Went though that ident already.. the serial numbers on the block dated it to the 38-9 also it has a blackout light switch on the bars.. along time ago ..jlo motors were used in the 30s too..i do have a 30s repair manual with the sacs and jlo motors.. the black out switch was the clincher. But who cares lol

Back