When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Iver Johnson tricycle restoration

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
NICE ! That looks great . One vehicle I haven't finished yet , makes me excited to see your progress . What color are you going with ? What size wheels on this one ? . Please keep us posted .

Scott

I am going to paint it the original Blue and white, the tire size is 21" front, and 15" for the rears

Thanks

Nice seeing a Valocipede restored. I did the same project 20 years ago for my daughter. I still have the IJ trike! Your seat looks great and I also have the Rear toolbag like yours. After completion of Velocipede, I couldn't help myself trying to ride it! ha! Post more pics!

Attachments

• IMGP1472.jpg
    IMGP1472.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMGP1521.jpg
    IMGP1521.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 96
You really did a terrific job on that seat! It does still have the appearance of the era the trike is from. Was it difficult to form an inner pan? Thanks for the update...the Iver is coming along nicely. :)

Dave

Thank You, The inner pan wasn't to bad , I have made them before on big bikes, I use a english wheel to get the arc, hammer dolly the rest to get it to fit.

Very nice job on your IJ trike, looks great

Cheers.

Its hard to tell from the pictures. How do the cranks attach? Do they have cotter pins. I have a bunch of NOS trike cranks that I want to identify.
Love your trikes by the way. I have a 1920s Steel Craft Trike.
Thanks!
Chris

I have an early Iver trike resto in the queue. And the cranks do have cotter pins. I'm on the hunt for a crank. Do you have any like the chrome plated ones above? Thanks

Cranks

Looks like the same crank I have, about 4 1/8" long.

Sending a before picture for you all.

Thanks

Attachments

• iver j trike 8.jpg
    iver j trike 8.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 69
Looks like the same crank I have, about 4 1/8" long.

Sending a before picture for you all.

Thanks
If that was my trike, I would not repaint it. Its too nice and original. If you want a restored one, look for one to restore that has already been repainted. You can only have original paint once...

Back