When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Mead Ranger Original Paint Masterpiece

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
As I posted in the Jewel Tank Ranger thread. When I received the bike, I took some pictures on initial inspection and found this in the tank:
View attachment 1167787

Inside what I thought was a rag, was this:
View attachment 1167788

Just wanted to include in this thread.
WoW!!! How cool it that. Those tools alone are well worth the price paid for the bike. What a treasure! Enjoy. Razin.

Beautiful bike! I have my doubts about the guard being original to bike. The Schwinn and Columbia Rangers(factories several states apart) did not come off the same assembly lines-so its not like 'we ran out of Schwinn guards -so use a Columbia guard'! Even the color of the guard looks like the Columbia Ranger 'Ace' type guard. I'd address the stuck stem bolt issue before a leisurely ride turns in a crash with a lot of damage to a beautifully preserved bike! Just my opinion.

Beautiful bike! I have my doubts about the guard being original to bike. The Schwinn and Columbia Rangers(factories several states apart) did not come off the same assembly lines-so its not like 'we ran out of Schwinn guards -so use a Columbia guard'! Even the color of the guard looks like the Columbia Ranger 'Ace' type guard. I'd address the stuck stem bolt issue before a leisurely ride turns in a crash with a lot of damage to a beautifully preserved bike! Just my opinion.
That stem bolt problem might not be an issue unless the stem comes loose. I would also address the problem before I rode it also. Good luck. Razin.

I know Schwinn and Westfield never came off the same line, just that Mead sourced bikes & parts from everybody ( at least 3 or 4 companys ) and usually last years leftovers so often their bike were a mix of years & parts, whatever they got a deal on!, hell Westfield might have had a deal on a pallet of last years guards?. I've had a couple of CWC built Rangers that were kinda odd!

Last edited:
Back