When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 mercury pacemaker project update.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

redline1968

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Well its been a while. Dealing with my brothers' death and weather. so now i have started to finish the pacemaker. Here are some up to date photos of the painted frame and some parts that i found for her. I found a set of nos torington 8's and a restored seat and the correct screws for the stand.

Last edited:
The next photos are the fenders and the rack and guard. The front fender had some repairs on it. Some one drilled more holes than nessesary. I welded them and filed it down. The total amount of filler is a bout 1/10 of a thimble full. The underside will need a little more attention but since it is not seen much i wont do a perfect job. The top had some glazing putty on it were it looked like some pin head imperfections. Now its has been sanded and reprimed. Now its ready for a final prime and sand.

Almost ready for paint. I ran out of color last time and the cost for it now is 350.00 total with primer! I nearly choked to death. The color was 175.00 alone no hardner. It puts my perspective on doing another resto but i cant help my self :). 1.5 weeks worth of work already and it will be done for the lemay show i hope. I still have to figure out what color the stripes are going to be. Now i will need ww tires for it. Should be ready for the show!

In memory of my brother alain.

Looks great. Hope to see some Lemay shots when you take it there.

Sorry for you and your families loss.

Chris

thank you very much. its been tough. i hope to see it done by then. its the small details that takes the time to do right.

in memory of my brother.

i just got some parts done but it looks like the time to finish might not happen for lemay. :( have to paint the stripes assemble the rims. i have to do the tank over since getting info is like pulling teeth. these are rare so getting information is hard to get but can be found. so im repainting the tank also it looks like not many stripes if any at all. got to say its starting to look great to me. still have to cut them and polish them out. if anyone did not notice i left a extra hole in the fender because i wasn't sure if they came with that hole and was drilled out for the mascot. i think i'll put orig red tires on it till i find a set of goodyears for it . have to say thanks to those cabe members who helped me in getting the original pot metal nose and the mo rims. they look great!

Last edited:
I cant believe it! The show is this weekend! Sh---t i wrote in the wrong month!!!!!!!!!! Oh well still have to finish it.

It's coming out beautiful none the less. Great job. Love that color on it also.

Back