When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Monark 5 bar project!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MrMonark13

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A few days ago I saw an add of OfferUp. It simply said old monark bike. From the side, it looked ugly and I really didn’t want it. Then I scrolled through and saw a picture from the top, showing the 5 bar design. Fast forward to yesterday when my dad drove about half an hour to get the bike for me. I have been closely examining it and I have found that it has been repainted several times. My plan for now is to try to save the original paint and make the bike correct. I will need a lot of help on this as it is my first prewar monark. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
2483BE50-668F-4BD3-9E9F-5522829CB9ED.jpeg
832599B5-736C-447B-A3CD-6020694BCCAD.jpeg
448D3F81-568C-4F78-AF46-0FE6F2C5BF2D.jpeg
244ACD42-13D2-4290-9A9D-7A07F573B59D.jpeg

It's a great start already. I'm not familiar with these 5 bar Monarchs but it looks super cool. I think your plan to keep the original paint and everything is a great one. It should clean up real nice. Keep us posted!

It's a great start already. I'm not familiar with these 5 bar Monarchs but it looks super cool. I think your plan to keep the original paint and everything is a great one. It should clean up real nice. Keep us posted!
Thanks! I plan to try to save the original paint. It will be pretty difficult given the layers of repaints.

Ah, yes. There are some good threads on here for removing the other layers. I think it's WD40 and 0000 steel wool? I haven't done this but I have seen some amazing results posted. Lots of elbow grease. Enjoy!

Back