When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Monark 5 bar project!

-
So, I’m back! I haven’t been posting because I’m back in school, but I finally have a quiet evening to post! Anyway, after trying goof off, lacquer thinner, wd40 + steel wool, and paint stripper, I’ve come to a conclusion. The fenders (at least) have been stripped before and repainted. On some areas of the frame, I found a tan color. I believe that was factory. I think @Freqman1 has one? I’ve also determined that the fork is a period replacement from another bike. If anyone knows where I can find a tank, springer fork, rear rack, correct seat post, etc. please let me know. Thank you!

I'm not sure this model of 5 bar had a tank- there are two different. One had a tank, one did not. And i think that springers were optional.
This model was only offered with a tank. The springer was optional though. V/r Shawn

Here are some advertising scans...

IMG_20220914_150210299.jpg

IMG_20220914_150254825.jpg

IMG_20220914_150231782.jpg

I’ve decided that this bike will have a fiberglass tank(for now) and a truss fork. That’s the plan, unless I find a real and affordable tank by spring. The springer really isn’t important to me.
Their are some really nice Monark springer forks on flee bay... The Type ll springer is one of my all time favorites.. Good luck and RideOn....

Back