When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1939 Monark Airman Five Bar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$9,900 OBRO
Zipcode

Two Wheeler

Wore out three sets of tires already!
1939 Monark Airman in as found condition. The information I have been given says this is one of 4 or 5 1939 Airmans known to have survived. It has suspension front and rear! I have been told this is the most complete and in the best shape out of all of them. Making it as rare as hens teeth to say the least. It was recently discovered at an estate sale.

It is missing its headlight system, hand grips, and has a non original goose neck. Its tires have most likely been replaced at some point. View the pictures for it's condition to verify its completeness and originality. This sale includes the bike and the rack which is not attached. I am helping a friend sell this Monark. The bike is located 30 minutes South East of Chicago. The owner is willing to deliver the Airman almost anywhere in the lower 48 for expenses. Shipping is not being offered to prevent this rare piece of bicycle history from being damaged.

Don’t miss a once in a lifetime opportunity to own this ultra rare Monark Airmen Five Bar. When it's gone, it’s gone.
Payment options will be cash or cashiers check. Delivery will not be made until all funds have cleared the bank.
Please refer to my previous post. 1939 Monark Airman Recent Discovery. For many more pictures. If any specific photo not already posted is needed contact me.
The sale price is $9,900 or best reasonable offer.

We've had similar talks about some of the tactics involved with this bike. One of the strange things to me is they stated when asked "might tell the story of how it was found, once it's sold" ! To me the Find is the Fun, whether your selling the bike or not!
When the original post was made we had no idea of the significance or value of this bike. The owner has had the bike about two weeks. As stated in the for sale ad it was purchased at an estate sale. There is no dramatic story to tell, but has some humor to it. I have spent many hours answering questions and providing pictures to numerous people.
I would appreciate it if you would keep your negative opinions to yourself so I can spend my time answering people’s questions that are truly interested in purchasing this bike.

1939 Monark Airman in as found condition. The information I have been given says this is one of 4 or 5 1939 Airmans known to have survived. It has suspension front and rear! I have been told this is the most complete and in the best shape out of all of them. Making it as rare as hens teeth to say the least. It was recently discovered at an estate sale.

It is missing its headlight system, hand grips, and has a non original goose neck. Its tires have most likely been replaced at some point. View the pictures for it's condition to verify its completeness and originality. This sale includes the bike and the rack which is not attached. I am helping a friend sell this Monark. The bike is located 30 minutes South East of Chicago. The owner is willing to deliver the Airman almost anywhere in the lower 48 for expenses. Shipping is not being offered to prevent this rare piece of bicycle history from being damaged.

Don’t miss a once in a lifetime opportunity to own this ultra rare Monark Airmen Five Bar. When it's gone, it’s gone.
Payment options will be cash or cashiers check. Delivery will not be made until all funds have cleared the bank.
Please refer to my previous post. 1939 Monark Airman Recent Discovery. For many more pictures. If any specific photo not already posted is needed contact me.
The sale price is $9,900 or best reasonable offer.View attachment 1402800
View attachment 1402801

View attachment 1402802

View attachment 1402804

View attachment 1402805

View attachment 1402806

View attachment 1402807

View attachment 1402808

View attachment 1402809

View attachment 1402810
Good news! The owner is now willing to take Paypal.

Back