When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Motormaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nothing much yet, I've been busy lately with some bigger projects, and school.
Just haven't had time.
Still need a gear.

Some Progress

Finally had a simple gear and hub whipped up, It isn't original, but it'll do quite nicely I think.
88C186986EEF4B9F898AC4FA622CFCA4_zpsmxvt-1.jpg
4919CF6EAB8B47C58E7452362E0D71D3_zpswsnr-1.jpg

Now all I have to do is find the right plug, and figure out some carb linkage and it will be ready for a test run.
Anyone have an old throttle control? Like off of an old outboard or lawnmower or something?
I want something that's gonna match, not some shiny plastic piece of chinese garbage...

Got it started today, need to tinker with it much more, couldn't keep it running much longer than 20 seconds or so. Needs a fair amount of choke, and moving the main throttle butterfly doesn't accelerate the engine...
not sure if the carb is too big, or not tuned right, or the muffler doesn't provide enough back pressure, or...?
Flippin' 2 strokes...

Last edited:
Got it started today, need to tinker with it much more, couldn't keep it running much longer than 20 seconds or so. Needs a fair amount of choke, and moving the main throttle butterfly doesn't accelerate the engine...
not sure if the carb is too big, or not tuned right, or the muffler doesn't provide enough back pressure, or...?
Flippin' 2 strokes...
This sounds like a vacuum issue. .. but I don't know that much on two strokes... ehh?

Air usually isn't the problem on two strokes. .. has something blocked the jets? Or port?.. I ran a yz250 that had a crap hole rusted muffler. .. I don't think back pressure would really be an issue. .. how's the electrics?.. did you have the old poop tested to see if everything works? Coil condenser? ... are you mixing the gas right?... sorry lol...

Last edited:
The coil makes good fire, its fuel related. I'll smear some silicone around the intake where the carb mates up just to see...
maybe make sure the venturi aren't plugged..

Back