When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Roadmaster?

-
Really cool Roadmaster that has been painted. I think these were middleweight bikes but could be wrong. Tank, carrier & chainguard should be chrome. Beautiful bikes with original finish. Good luck!
I have seen some of these older Roadmaster bikes that were Ballooners like the Luxury Liners from the late 40's-early 50's. Nice bike any ways. Good luck. Razin.

You scored! Tank and rack were originally plated. Try stripping a edge of it to get a feel for condition of what is underneath. Slowly and carefully. NO abrasives

just so you know @Kennedy256 ....................this is my 1939 RoadMaster. If the person selling was misinformed .............they may have misinformed you. That's a Great bike at a great price..................Ya dunn Gooood ! ;)

DSCF1274.JPG

DSCF1292.JPG

What would you strip it with?
I am sure everyone here has their preferred method. Start with a spot of acetone on a soft rag. Only start on what was originally plated. Not on anything that was originally painted.
Go easy and see if anything comes off. Take a peek at condition of plating and get a feel for how much paint or primer was applied. No rush!

just so you know @Kennedy256 ....................this is my 1939 RoadMaster. If the person selling was misinformed .............they may have misinformed you. That's a Great bike at a great price..................Ya dunn Gooood ! ;)

View attachment 1183396

View attachment 1183397
I appreciate that. I Don’t think mine is A 39 from what you guys have told me. I am going to try to double check with the serial number when I get home. You have a very good looking bike!

I am sure everyone here has their preferred method. Start with a spot of acetone on a soft rag. Only start on what was originally plated. Not on anything that was originally painted.
Go easy and see if anything comes off. Take a peek at condition of plating and get a feel for how much paint or primer was applied. No rush!
Sorry for all of the questions. What do you mean by originally plated? I appreciate all of your help

Back