When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1939 Schwinn Cycle Truck

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

IngoMike

I live for the CABE
1939 Schwinn Cycle Truck - S/N B11050. I was bringing this crusty beauty back to life, freeing up rusted nuts and bolts, searching for parts and then I came across an original paint ’41 CT in awesome rider condition and I caved, so this one needs a new home.

Here is what I know/observe: The bike is in great condition with no major issues except for the patina, with the worst of it being the wheels. The front hoop has a few holes in it, but otherwise straight and spins well, spokes and rim are so burly that I was going to boot the holes and ride it. The rear wheel is as crusty as the front but has no holes, I was going to true it up and ride this one as is, the few spokes I checked did move, the Morrow hub spins and brakes by hand. All nuts and bolts have clean threads and will finger tighten. I overcooked the chain in Metal Rescue and it is scored, but still pedals through. The bottom bracket has new bearings. The Stem, Headset & Wedge Nut are STUCK, but the stem bolt is loose, I gave them the same treatment as everything else, WD40, but they would not come loose, a stronger chemical might do it but I hate to bomb my cave with that stuff. I had planned on leaving the headset alone for now, injecting some grease and call it good. I did not mess with the sign or brackets. The front drop stand has a separation in one of the secondary supports, see photo. The one grip on the bars is useless, you might be able to get it off for display, the other grip disintegrated upon removal. Pedals and seat post are not original, just a pair of small block Schwinn pedals and a post I found in my cave. Not sure about the paint as far as originality, the down tube script makes me think it is original but other things make me think it is not. I was thinking of maybe trying my first OA bath on it, but it looks good as a crusty rider, so I am glad to not have to make that decision. I will include a period correct Schwinn feather chain guard that will need the mount moved, but it has the perfect patina.

$825/shipped in the CONUS, payment via PayPal, Friends & Family or add 3% for Goods & Services.

The bike will be personally overpacked by me, and shipped via BikeFlights.
fullsizeoutput_10a2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1088.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1089.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_108a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_108b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_108c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_108d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_108e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_108f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1090.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1091.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1092.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1093.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1096.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1095.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1097.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1098.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1099.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_109a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_109b.jpeg

Last edited:
1. Rad bike.
2. I have a 41 that came with those exact pedals. Yet, several folks have told me that they don't believe those to have been original to the bike. Yours is the third I have seen now with those pedals.

GLWS!!!!

Last edited:
Hello;
What is the date code of your MORROW hub rear on the left of 36-10?
Regards;
Serge

1. Rad bike.
2. I have a 41 that came with those exact pedals. Yet, several folks have told me that they don't believe those to have been original to the bike. Yours is the third I have seen now with those pedals.

GLWS!!!!
I've got a 53 CT with the waffle pedals also.

Back