When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Schwinn DX Frame, what should I offer for it?

-
Well, first you can't make an offer on it. It's an auction, you must bid on it. And I don't think he can send USPS First Class mail like he claims. Also at 18" that's shorter than the two frames (both postwar) I have laying here that are 18-1/2" frames.

The prewar frames are a little shorter than the postwar ones but since this is the larger frame, it is plenty big enough. Just be careful, many of those frames have done plenty of work possibly as previous klunkers and suffer from metal fatigue. They are not that strong in the rear triangle. Ask me how I know..........

The prewar frames are a little shorter than the postwar ones but since this is the larger frame, it is plenty big enough. Just be careful, many of those frames have done plenty of work possibly as previous klunkers and suffer from metal fatigue. They are not that strong in the rear triangle. Ask me how I know..........
How do you know?

I bought a 1936 schwinn frame from a member through ebay for a klunker build I always wanted to do. The complete original bike was on this site but the seller decided to part it out. It found its way on ebay in parts. I bought the frame. The downtube had some damage which I believe was caused by it constantly being knocked against something hard. The bearing cups were loose in the head tube and lower bracket. The rear triangle was bent to one side and weak. The steerer on the truss fork was mangled from the stem being overtightened over the years. I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there but I would only buy another frame if it was from a clean well cared for bike. Fortunately I got my dough back.

Keep looking. That price plus shipping is to high. That bike looks rough, maybe post in the wanted section here in the Cabe. I have found several complete bikes for less than that.

Back