When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Schwinn DX

-

skiptoofer22

Look Ma, No Hands!
I bought this bike as a basket case at the last Iron Ranch swap meet. Has the uncommon "flying star" headbadge. Finally had the time to mock it up today, and it looks pretty cool but it has been repainted.

The previous owner was able to get some of the original paint back with sand paper but it's pretty far gone. I'm think I will ride it as is until I collect the missing parts then maybe restoration.

What do you guys think I should do with it?

If I do restore I'll probably stick with the same paint scheme. Does anyone make the deco wing paint stencil for the tank?

-Trevor

20181117_135431.jpg

20181117_135821.jpg

20181117_134708.jpg

I guess I didn't take very good pictures. The bike looks good from a few feet away but when you get up close you can see the difference between the house paint and the original.

Maybe if I can get rid of the white house paint and touch up the original it will look ok.

Here is a picture of the front fender.

-Trevor

20181117_170859.jpeg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: JLF
I'll walk the tight rope. If I fall to the left I'll repaint, and if I fall to the right I'll leave it as is and sell it to someone that loves it like it is. :p

Love this one. If I was going to spend hours on end cleaning up paint, it better look like this when I'm finished.
1542515258779.png

Back