When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Schwinn DX

-
Is it just me or is the fork on these raked out more than other schwinns of this era? I do own one also. Rick

Is it just me or is the fork on these raked out more than other schwinns of this era? I do own one also. Rick

I think all of the straight downtube bikes (C-Model, '39 DX, and Motorbikes, etc. ) have more rake than the newer models. Trevor

Last edited:
I would get the house paint off then sit back and decide what to do.I like it original.

That's what I would like to do but some of the white scallops have already been sanded though. I'm thinking if I could get the house paint off maybe I can have the original paint color matched and then I could touch it up. I just don't like not having the scallop on the top tube missing. Trevor

Finally got it ridable with a few parts stolen off another bike. Too bad it's too icy and cold out to ride it. I've decided that I'm going to get rid of the white house paint and touch it up with some color matched true ivory, then call it good. -Trevor

20190213_173246.jpg

Man if THATS what you call too far gone, then 100% of my bikes are basically scrap metal because maybe one of mine looks that nice. The paint on that is still all there and popping quite well and I would polish, wax and let it be a survivor!
Finding a bike with that much paint left, in my world is a huge win. My 2 pennies of course...

Man if THATS what you call too far gone, then 100% of my bikes are basically scrap metal because maybe one of mine looks that nice. The paint on that is still all there and popping quite well and I would polish, wax and let it be a survivor!
Finding a bike with that much paint left, in my world is a huge win. My 2 pennies of course...
I don't own the bike anymore, but if I did I totally agree with you on leaving it alone as it had a cool look although 90% of the paint wasn't original.

Back