When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1939 Schwinn New World saddle (english touring style)

-
Price
100 shipped
Zipcode

mr.cycleplane

Riding my Motorbike
Offered here is a 1939 Schwinn New World saddle. This is the English touring style found on these early lightweight bikes-this being probably the first year saddle they used. I imagine this is an early version with the way it is 'suspended' under the outter skin. Normally most of these English saddles are sprung with a cluster of long coil springs. This saddle uses a thick section of rawhide for the back and the front(horn) of the saddle uses the springs-see under carriage pictures. Over time the leather sags and loses its 'support' if that's what you could call it. This gives the saddle a well worn dip look. It works fine-just doesn't have the perky look it left the factory with! Later versions of this saddle use either the full spring suspension or a metal pan. Very cool 'Mesinger 1939' logo. Saddle outter skin has wear to corners as seen in pictures. I would imagine the most correct application would be the early New World tourist type lightweight. In my literature it shows this saddle on the deluxe New World versions. 100 shipped

Last edited:
Back