When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 schwinn spitfire

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Under no circumstances were you to EVER actually sell one of those POS.
Strictly meant to get the guy in the store.
Then you put the whammy on them with Cyclock’s,Forebrake’s,Spring Forks and Lifetime Guarantee’s.
You’d be fired if you ever actually sold one of those.

Were they built with factory flawed rejected parts too? No Guarantee's and no Quality decal so that probably goes without saying. 🤣

I wonder if these are somehow related to the later Spitfire and the Hornets that had Spitfire head badges.

Last edited:
Wow! Here I thought I had a nice little find??! I guess I’ll go out back and use it for target practice...if I can find some cheap bullets to waste on it...☹️

Just a bunch of leg pulling all in fun. But some bullet holes in the tank would be cool!

@Antney don't even waste cheap bullets on a Schwinn❗ Jus' lay it in the driveway & run it over properly with a truck or suv. Sometimes you have to double tap them to make sure it's done right 🤣.

Send me the tank I need a bicycle trash can & I can't think of anything better than a Schwinn reject the company was ashamed of

There is nothing inferior about the build. It's called a "Loss Leader", a common sales trick where a product is sold at a loss to get you, or keep you in a store. (Record stores ruled at this).
In this case, the lack of warranty was not about quality it was about trying to keep the Loss Leader from ever leaving the store--if you sell it to the first person who asks about it, how are you gonna draw the next, and the next? I'd guarantee the shop owner would lean into a dad's ear and whisper "frankly, i would look at a different model--Schwinn won't warranty this one, sad to say, but all these models have the security of a LIFETIME WARRANTY". That bike is built exactly the way Schwinn knew how to build them, It's actually harder and probably more costly to suddenly build a few bikes worse. Cool bit of history, that bike.

There is nothing inferior about the build. It's called a "Loss Leader", a common sales trick where a product is sold at a loss to get you, or keep you in a store. (Record stores ruled at this).
In this case, the lack of warranty was not about quality it was about trying to keep the Loss Leader from ever leaving the store--if you sell it to the first person who asks about it, how are you gonna draw the next, and the next? I'd guarantee the shop owner would lean into a dad's ear and whisper "frankly, i would look at a different model--Schwinn won't warranty this one, sad to say, but all these models have the security of a LIFETIME WARRANTY". That bike is built exactly the way Schwinn knew how to build them, It's actually harder and probably more costly to suddenly build a few bikes worse. Cool bit of history, that bike.
Well, I know just by the photos that these Z bikes are not actually rejects. I'm just poking fun on it.

I just purchased this on marketplace, looks og all the way. I’ve never seen one of these before? Any idea on value of something like this?? Thanks!!
I tried buying it..I was second in line.
Would you consider selling it?
I just purchased this on marketplace, looks og all the way. I’ve never seen one of these before? Any idea on value of something like this?? Thanks!!

Back