When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1939 Shelby Flyer Value & What Tank Paint Scheme Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

alvl1936

Look Ma, No Hands!
i have this 1939 shelby flyer with steel tank but not sure what the paint scheme is on the tank
DSCN0612[2].JPG
& possible value if i decide to sell it , thanks AL

appreciate your help , i'm going to add my serial # tomorrow so i can narrow the year , thx AL

Please post the number when you can. Unfortunately there is no serial number list for Shelbys. Dating is usually best done by the paint and what parts were/are on the bike. In your case, the bike has the crank and chainguard that appeared in 1940. The paint details match other 1940s also. The chainguard is the longer version of the two in that style and paint that Shelby used. The shorter version is shown in the 40 catalog. The longer version may be from 41. I also think that frame was used in 40/41 and wasn't available in 39. And the fork is also seen in 40/41 and doesn't have the type of crown seen in 39.

Please post the number when you can. Unfortunately there is no serial number list for Shelbys. Dating is usually best done by the paint and what parts were/are on the bike. In your case, the bike has the crank and chainguard that appeared in 1940. The paint details match other 1940s also. The chainguard is the longer version of the two in that style and paint that Shelby used. The shorter version is shown in the 40 catalog. The longer version may be from 41. I also think that frame was used in 40/41 and wasn't available in 39. And the fork is also seen in 40/41 and doesn't have the type of crown seen in 39.
here's the serial # stamped under the crank ( v8192## ) if that helps but you have been super in helping me with year and model , thx again AL

here's the serial # stamped under the crank ( v8192## ) if that helps but you have been super in helping me with year and model , thx again AL

The serial number does help confirm it as a 1940. Over the years I've recorded a few V 700000 / V 800000 numbers as 1940 bikes.

I believe you will lose money if you restore it. Similar bikes have been sold here so you can do some searches to get an idea of value. Actually I just saw a bike in the For Sale section similar to this. V/r Shawn

I believe you will lose money if you restore it. Similar bikes have been sold here so you can do some searches to get an idea of value. Actually I just saw a bike in the For Sale section similar to this. V/r Shawn
thanks i'll check it out , appreciate everyone with advise & help with the year & model , i agree the original patina don't look bad AL

Back