When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940’s Schwinn X Excelsior Original

-

Keewee

On Training Wheels
I am looking for information on this bike. X Excelsior. Best guess is 1940’s though owner believes her cousin was riding it in late 30’s. Will eventually list for sale for a relative. Sorry photos aren’t better. There are a few Schwinns in one of these photos. Referencing the maroon one in back ground.

E0617798-143D-4EAE-BFE4-447CC030180A.jpeg

94FC3B4E-205C-4F0E-9126-A97BB45003A2.jpeg

14EBD29D-B7F0-43F1-9DD5-7686D4DE2E75.jpeg

18164EF2-BA83-4D0D-B9B3-0CE897078FA0.jpeg

Post war models, both of them. Possible 1946 on the green one.
I'm pretty sure the blue one is a b6. Seems easier to find information on that one. Late 40's b6. Peoria King Springer.
Any idea what the value on the X Excelsior is? Lot less of those around.
Thank you BTW.

Serial #'s will tell the yr. but a girls bike ( and a plain one ) is not worth a fraction of a boys!, nice badge tho!

Serial #'s will tell the yr. but a girls bike ( and a plain one ) is not worth a fraction of a boys!, nice badge tho!
Ballpark? My relatives are really getting on and need to clean out. (I'm sure you can tell from the state of the garage it's in a state. They might also eventually need the money. I can see them living over 100. ) As much as I would love to have some of these things myself, I don't have the space. Also I live in the mountains. If I lived on the coast and could use these as beach cruisers, I would. As it is, it's probably time to get the into the hands of the people that value and can take care of them.
I'll probably list a few of their vintage Schwinn's in January. They've got a bit of a cache. The Excelsior is the only girls bike.
Thank you.

Yah, that's blue, not green.

Here's an example. So if it's cleaned up maybe comparable in price.

Back