When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 4-gill western flyer

-

prewarkid

Finally riding a big boys bike
After looking for a couple of years I finally found an original 4-gill. The bike is covered in surface rust and is going to need a major overhauling. The rims and tires are toast and will be replaced. Everything else looks great. The one thing that has me stumped are the pedals. What are the correct ones for this model?
avesybyq-1.jpg
utegy3en-1.jpg
re4yze2y-1.jpg
aja3yju6-1.jpg
3eqera7u-1.jpg
3a4yjyra-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
Whats up with the forks? I have never seen anything like that. Fantastic bike by the way.

Thanks.

Whats up with the forks? I have never seen anything like that. Fantastic bike by the way.

The forks are made up of three main parts not including the truss rods and are held together with bolts. I'll take photos tomorrow after I clean them.

Pedals.

Thanks easywind. I was hoping it wasn't those pedals..$... The bike is going to stay original paint. I'm not a big fan of restored bikes. I'm going to try and bring back the paint and clean every nut and bolt.

Very nice find

Congrads on the 4 gill. Too bad the rims are shot but theres always something on these old bikes that needs replaced.

Back