When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 '41 Murray ELGIN

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here are the wheels i'm putting together . I painted and added stripe . Cleaned and rebuilt hubs . Now if I can only lace em right ,first time around , so not to scratch em all up . I got my fingers crossed .
20150926_102840.jpg

If you want to leave it with the bare metal look and not have rust issues you can try to clear coat the bike. its far more durable than linseed oil and even some cheap rattle can hardware store stuff would work. It would be best to use an adhesion promoter first.

Since Im finally able to post pictures , will try to post updated flicks of work as I progress . This a bike I got from cabe member ( bikeworder ) about a year ago. It was about 75% of complete ride . I have almost everything needed to get on the finished and rollin.
I think i have the same bike or maybe an older brother. My tank doesnt have a horn in it, and i think i see a button on your tank. In the thread below one of the guys mentions he thinks mine is a '38, how did you determine the year on yours?

[url]http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?79798-Pre-War-Elgin

[/URL]
I like the baremetal look too. very cool

Back