When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Colson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Just sharing some before and after images of a 1940 Colson ladies snap tank which I finally had the time to rehab this week. She was a true barn find as you can see from the images. I found her without a tank and a friend had this non-matching blue one to fill-in until I can someday find a matching maroon tank (anyone have one??). I believe every single washer, bolt and nut is original to this bike except the tank. It was also missing the chain adjusters and dropstand pins. Other than that, every washer went back in it's place after cleaning and greasing. The tires that were on it (Continentals) were in decent shape but I really wanted some Carlisle white walls so it would match my own boys snap tank.

Before anyone asks, it's linseed oil and not clear coat.
2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

DSC_6584.JPG

DSC_6591.JPG

DSC_6592.JPG

DSC_6595.JPG

DSC_6597.JPG

DSC_6598.JPG

DSC_6602.JPG

DSC_6606.JPG

DSC_6608.JPG

DSC_6609.JPG

DSC_6611.JPG

DSC_6612.JPG

DSC_6614.JPG

DSC_6617.JPG

DSC_6620.JPG

DSC_6637.jpg

Holy crud.....I just now realized those batteries are from the same exact hardware store that the bike is badged for!!!!! I bet those are the batteries that were in there when that bike was purchased. I'm going to go with that story in my head regardless.

I wouldn't put the batteries back in the cardboard casing as print graphics can get damaged really easily. Nothing worse than new wear on old patina. You may be right about these coming from the store and being OG equipment. That's pretty interesting I'd keep them on the shelf close to the bike!

She's a beauty!

Last edited:
Back