When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Dayton Huffman Lite Big Tank Found

-

npence

I live for the CABE
It all started One night well watching the American Pickers show. They where in Iowa in a guys Garage that had all kinds of old bicycles. and Mike tried to buy the big tank but the guy wasnt ready to sell it at that time. So Mike ended up getting the Firestone super cruiser, and a couple early bikes. Well thanks to these bike forums I found someone that knew the guy in Iowa and got his Phone Number. and Have been dealing with him for over a Month on the bike and he Finally came up with a price and decided to part with it. so here it is in all its glory hoping that the Original paint is still decent under they white house paint. what is missing on this bike is the truss rods, rear rack lens and bezel, handlebars, and would like to find a better seat, head light lenses. Horn Button, Light switch. if you have any of these parts please let me know. Thanks,Nate
DaytonBigTank001-1.jpg

DaytonBigTank002-1.jpg

DaytonBigTank005-1.jpg

DaytonBigTank006-1.jpg

DaytonBigTank008-1.jpg

DaytonBigTank009-1.jpg

DaytonBigTank015-1.jpg

Last edited:
Huffy Tanklight

I love it! What a cool tanklight and I love the rear rack.
Cool looking fender ornament too. Is that all there is to the ornament?
Hope you get the parts Nate.
Cabe members are cool people and a great help on finding that right bike.

Great score Nate !!! I think I have a set of correct spiders to go in the tank.

If his spiders aren't correct, I think I have some hornets that'll work until you find the right ones.

I left the webs in there to show how fresh out of the barn it was. And there might be spiders still living in there. What a great home that would be.

And there it is...the Holy Grail for some of us!
When locking in the deal for the 41 supercruiser from the same episode and barn, I had had asked about this, but didn't get anywhere.
For me, when someone comments that they "haven't seen anything like it," that's the best tribute a bicycle could get.
Congratulations!
Chris

Back