When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Dayton Huffman Lite Big Tank Found

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great score Nate! Now yer in the Big Tank Club. And 'you know who' is gonna add you to their secret list! lol

Yep my dad told him about it and he couldn't believe it that was one he hadn't a counted for. He already offered to buy it.

Nate strikes again!!!! Wow Nate!! Killer score! I was wondering what bike Mike kept bugging the owner about because the camera shot wasn't to clear of what it was. Glad you got it!! AWESOME!!! It's back to life in the bike world again instead of just hanging there.

Beautiful!!!

Looks elegant and fast just hanging there. Careful taking the house paint off looks like a lot of lead in it, respirator and gloves no matter what method you use!
Bob

Doesn't lead make you go crazy. I always try to wear gloves and a dust mask when removing paint but thanks for the tip.

oh no... dont restore it. the value will decrease. that thing is awsome with all the crackel and rust.

If I do anything with this bike it will probably be a couple of years from now. I have several bikes a head of this one to get going again. But I don't think restoring will hurt the value of it just won't have as big of a profit margin when I sell it and I will probably never sell it.

I would restore this bicycle all the way!
Hypothetical resale, it has more value if restored well and correctly and the kind of collector that would go after this could afford either state.
It's not even in original condition anymore and it's too significant of a bicycle to leave like that, no detail on the fenders or tank in particular...
Just my opinion and I am conservative when it comes to this issue.
Chris

This is one of the very few bikes that requires a proper restoration and is worth a proper restoration in the end...

Back