When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Dayton Huffman Lite Big Tank Found

-
Very Cool! No be in a hurry restoring that bad boy. I new were those lenses were but buddy of mine got them for his 40 project. He might be little jealous of your luggage carrier that he has been in search for thou. Excellent score! Persistence and doing your homework does pay off. Good work!

You'll need to determine what it is first, then we can figure out what you need. and it looks like you have much better connections than I have, I've been trying to get one of these for over 10 years!.
is it me or does it have a mixed set of fenders? the front doesn't look like it matches the rear, but it might just be the photo. also welded or bolt on kick stand?

You'll need to determine what it is first, then we can figure out what you need. and it looks like you have much better connections than I have, I've been trying to get one of these for over 10 years!.
is it me or does it have a mixed set of fenders? the front doesn't look like it matches the rear, but it might just be the photo. also welded or bolt on kick stand?

It is a welded on kickstand so that makes it a 40 and the rear fender has been cut at the peak. Any way of telling if it is a firestone, western flyer, or a Dayton. I know some of them have a metal trim piece on the tank and chain guard which my dads girls big tank twin flex has but his boys doesn't and neither does this one.

the only way I know of to tell which badge it was is if you can find a decal on the tank or frame somewhere. it appears to be at least one step below the top dog. it doesn't have the stainless trim on the tank or the chain guard. also it has the smaller stainless trim at the front of the tank. it's a Huffman lever bike, it isn't a Dayton or it would have had the 5 sided Colonial fenders. is the front fender the same depth as the rear? it almost looks like the front fender is shallow and the rear is the deep MacCaulley.

Well Nate...join the club. Seems both you and I are out to find some rare Huffy/Huffman parts. (see my sig).

I would like to get you an offical "Rare Huffy Parts Club" jacket, but I can't find them anywhere. LOL!

Well Nate...join the club. Seems both you and I are out to find some rare Huffy/Huffman parts. (see my sig).

I would like to get you an offical "Rare Huffy Parts Club" jacket, but I can't find them anywhere. LOL!
you know, he's right! Nate, you and him should go on a rare Huffy road trip together.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'm wrong, but could the purchase of the original paint Dayton with the five sided fenders that the Budget Bicycle Center has on e-bay be in your best interest?

It seems like that rare gem has been just sitting there for months, just waiting for somebody to come up with the big lit tank, and now you have. A color match to that bike on your tank would make a flat out show stopper.

Back