When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Dayton Zephyr

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice bike Fred.I didnt know that you had anything but motorized stuff.You going to Davenport?

277B7B80-931F-426F-8EF6-F01800A01090.jpeg

I thought the Zephyr, and for sure the Dayton, decals looked suspect. A true Dayton level bike would have a Monark paisley chain ring. This bike is a Firestone "Airflex". As such it should have a different seat. The stem is a post war stem and it should have a Torrington "R" drop forged stem. I'm going to bet this has a "FBH" serial indicating a Firestone bike. Pictured below is Nick's slightly rougher identical twin of this bike with correct seat and stem. Everything on this bike is easily correctable and it is a very nice bike. GLWTS. V/r Shawn

Dayton%20done%202.jpg

I thought the Zephyr, and for sure the Dayton, decals looked suspect. A true Dayton level bike would have a Monark paisley chain ring. This bike is a Firestone "Airflex". As such it should have a different seat. The stem is a post war stem and it should have a Torrington "R" drop forged stem. I'm going to bet this has a "FBH" serial indicating a Firestone bike. Pictured below is Nick's slightly rougher identical twin of this bike with correct seat and stem. Everything on this bike is easily correctable and it is a very nice bike. GLWTS. V/r Shawn

View attachment 850075
Thank you for taking the time and comment on my bike. Your comments were very interesting.

Thanks Mark, Ride them don’t hide them!

Thank you for taking the time and comment on my bike. Your comments were very interesting.

Thanks Mark, Ride them don’t hide them!

I will have the Dayton at the Arlington Heights show this Sunday.

For any questions or comments you can reach me at 773-919-0745, call or text.

Thanks Mark, Ride them don’t hide them !

I was fortunate enough to see this bike in person today. What a great bike! Would have loved to bring it home but was a little short:). Thanks for letting me look it over Mark. Maybe next time I will take it with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back