When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 (?) Elgin just picked up my first pre-war bike!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Going out on a limb here, but what makes you say this bike is from Alaska? That plate looks to be from Juneau Wisconsin and not Alaska.. I could be wrong but this looks like alot of my Wisconsin bike plates from my collection... Really nice Elgin... RideOn...
You know.. you might be totally right! I didn't even think to check for other places named Juneau. I've lived in Washington state and now Oregon for so long I'm just used to seeing lots of stuff go back and forth between here and Alaska.

Edit to add: it really does look exactly like the other Wisconsin town and city plates that I can find pictures of online, and so far haven't seen any Alaska plates that look like mine.

You know.. you might be totally right! I didn't even think to check for other places named Juneau. I've lived in Washington state and now Oregon for so long I'm just used to seeing lots of stuff go back and forth between here and Alaska.

Edit to add: it really does look exactly like the other Wisconsin town and city plates that I can find pictures of online, and so far haven't seen any Alaska plates that look like mine.
Another dead give away is the small 80 decal that was used on the older plates after the plates expired.. And the decal on the head stock was one that was used when they did away with the metal plates.. Nice Juneau plate by the way..

I am just looking at the bike and firmly believing that it was built by Murray....The repaint in a way was a blessing....it is basically in fairly good shape....If You are going to ride it of course You will have to clean and lube all bearing assemblies which on that is fairly simple.......Lucky You that the tank is still there!!!....Ill get criticized for this but the Elektra Bicycle company sells a set of new chrome truss rods that would work and look good on that...Enjoy Your project....

Back