When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Girls Colson Blister Tank

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Colson Scout

I have here a Colson Scout that is probably the same year as yours is. I bought this bike as you see it
at Trexlertown back in 2011. Back then you were shunned and mocked by the other bike collectors for buying a girls bike.
Well, I bought it for $125.00, and I really like it. It is complete with the original Rocket Ray, rack, tank , speedometer, & the original Clipper Chainguard.
I will probably restore this one this summer, & good luck with yours!.............Wayne

Attachments

• IMG_9991.JPG
    IMG_9991.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_9992.JPG
    IMG_9992.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_9993.JPG
    IMG_9993.JPG
    228.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_9995.jpg
    IMG_9995.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 163
Thats a beautiful bike, Wayne! Is the paint original? Why do you suppose it had that chain guard and not the Turkey wing Blister type? When I paint mine it will be two-toned. I was wondering how the 2 colors were done, this is why I asked about its originality. Looks OG to me. I guess those who have girls bikes are comfortable with their sexuality!

Schwinndoggy

Yes, mine is all original with original paint. It has a SW Cadet Speedometer on it reading 980 miles.
The tires are very dried but functional Good Year.
Mine came with truss rods, do you think yours should have them?.
I will paint mine in the original colors, and I will be painting the rims the bright green.
I am almost done with the restoration on my 1955 Schwinn Deluxe Hornet, then I think I will start the Colson.
Keep us updated with you progress...............Wayne

Progress has slowed down a bit, been busy. In the last three months I managed to straighten out the Forks, get struts, Chainguard, fill a couple of holes (Tank, Frame) and got the Reflector for her. I have since bought another rear reflector that is like the one in the ad I will post. I still plan on Media blasting, doing some body work and getting everything rechromed/Cad. Had fun playing with some Bondo filling in the Tank hole and Frame hole near dropouts.

I have been thinking about the color of her! Kinda widdled it down to 2 color combos, Burgundy/Creme or Red/Creme, I think, lol. Any body got any color combo ideas?

Heres the rolling tab of stupid money I have spent!

Bike-125
Rack-175
Seat-100
Grips-20
Drop stand-45
Fenders-65
Light-90
Reflector-50
Correct reflector 75
Chainguard 250 shipped
Struts 60

$1055 total!

Attachments

• DSC_0195.jpg
    DSC_0195.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0197.jpg
    DSC_0197.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Literature girls.jpg
    Literature girls.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 134
Either combo, it's gonna be one sharp bike. It's only money, you have your health (an' a few nice bikes) you have everything.

I dont know about everything, lol. So i tore the old girl all down. Took the tin to the sand blaster. 50 bucks later she was all metal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 110
Since rust never sleeps, i primed it! Came out pretty good! I plan on working out the kinks while primed, then paint. The primer i will two tone how i want the final product.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
As far as the running total,
1125 + 45 for tank horn
1170 + 20 for primer
1190 + 50 for blasting
Doing something i love...
Priceless!

Last edited:
Got some rage and johnny cash playin, beatin on the chain guard and drinkin beer! Guard needs some work!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 93
Back