When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1940 Men’s Hawthorne Roadster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Shipping
Actual Cost
Zipcode

elginkid

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Lovely 1940 Hawthorne, with strong striping left. There’s some surface rust in places, but it presents quite well. Chainguard looks to be an “aftermarket” addition that probably dates to when the bike was new. I’ve added new tires, tubes and grips, and have taken it on a couple of rides. I love the frame style, and I love the paint, but it’s just too small for me. I can’t get the seat to a height that’s comfortable for my leg length. (Which will be prompting the sale of a few bikes that I really otherwise like, and hopefully acquiring a few more)

I’d prefer to not ship, but it’s not a deal breaker if you want it. The bike is located in central Ohio, but I make frequent trips down I-75 to Atlanta, and I have a trip to Michigan scheduled in July, if you want to meet somewhere along those corridors.

Because I travel frequently, it may delay shipping, but I’ll get it there! :)

IMG_8013.jpeg

IMG_8016.jpeg

IMG_8014.jpeg

IMG_8006.jpeg

IMG_8007.jpeg

IMG_8010.jpeg

IMG_8009.jpeg

IMG_8008.jpeg

IMG_8011.jpeg

IMG_8012.jpeg

IMG_8015.jpeg

IMG_8017.jpeg