When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 men's elgin bike with long tank and headlight

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
1300 OBO
Zipcode

Blairubc

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This bike is 99% original would be 100% if it had the chain. This bike has the original tires the original headlight and everything. It has not been refinished, rebuilt, or even repainted. There is some rust but this bike was belt stored in a warehouseir was bought for a man when he was 8yrs old he is now 88 and still slowly making furniture in the warehouse this bike is a must have fit collectors please contact me @304-208-5609. If I do not answer, please text me and I will get back to you asap

20220622_143455.jpg

16559481998583464228542359377651.jpg

Is there a Elgin badge some where?, it's a Cleveland Welding built ( Roadmaster ) and don't think they ever supplied Sears ( Elgin ) but odd things turn up all the time!, they did supply Montgomery Ward ( Hawthorn ), how did you come up with 1940?

The schwinn headlight was mounted to the bar and the elgin was the only one this year that had this light.. close family friend got it for his 8th birthday he is 86 years old he has had this bike and never got rid of it n kept it in his custom furniture warehouse all these years

See the difference in the headlights and the fender bars are curved on the roadmaster with round headlight on handlebars.. the elgin fender bars are straight and headlight is mounted to front fender and is not round but long with square
SOMETHING GOING ON WITH THAT FRONT FENDER ALSO,IS IT MOUNTED BACKWARDS ?
It does look weird doesn't it? But no can't be bc the headlight would be behind the tire pointed at the ground instead of facing forward

Back