When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 's Hawthorne Standard Tank Ladies

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Irish

On Training Wheels
Hi everyone. New here. To the forum and the vintage bicycle scene.
I would like to sell a vintage bicycle my husband and I rescued out of a house set to be demolished. I knew nothing about old bikes but learned a lot in the last year.
Anyways , She is a 1941 Hawthorne 26 inch Standard Tank Model. Everything on her is original right down to the Goodyear tires that still hold air. Now from what an expert has told me it is missing the skirtguard , headlight ,and strut. I personally dont know but thats what I've been told.
I would like to one get $300 for her and two only sell her to somebody that can bring her back to her original glory and will appreciate what a beauty she is. I was so happy to find this forum. I've included a couple photos but can provide many more if necessary. Thank you all.

photostudio_1525162161106.jpg

IMG_20180420_175810_hdr.jpg

Hi everyone. New here. To the forum and the vintage bicycle scene.
I would like to sell a vintage bicycle my husband and I rescued out of a house set to be demolished. I knew nothing about old bikes but learned a lot in the last year.
Anyways , She is a 1941 Hawthorne 26 inch Standard Tank Model. Everything on her is original right down to the Goodyear tires that still hold air. Now from what an expert has told me it is missing the skirtguard , headlight ,and strut. I personally dont know but thats what I've been told.
I would like to one get $300 for her and two only sell her to somebody that can bring her back to her original glory and will appreciate what a beauty she is. I was so happy to find this forum. I've included a couple photos but can provide many more if necessary. Thank you all.

View attachment 936441

View attachment 936442
Forward facing dropouts, so she's a lil newer. At least 46 or so I believe.

Forward facing dropouts, so she's a lil newer. At least 46 or so I believe.
I don't know, like I said ,Im still learning. It took me six months to find out what i did. It is a skiptooth,which from what I read is prewar. I emailed a company that has experts on these bicycles and sent in upwards of 40 or more pictures of the bike. Close ups of everything on it and he emailed me back stating it was a 1941. I will attach the email. I may be wrong ,he maybe wrong,we all could be.lol

photostudio_1545542965551.jpg

I don't know, like I said ,Im still learning. It took me six months to find out what i did. It is a skiptooth,which from what I read is prewar. I emailed a company that has experts on these bicycles and sent in upwards of 40 or more pictures of the bike. Close ups of everything on it and he emailed me back stating it was a 1941. I will attach the email. I may be wrong ,he maybe wrong,we all could be.lol

View attachment 937337
"Skiptooth" or Inch pitch drive was used up into the 50's, as were rear facing dropouts(rear forkends) depending on the manufacturer. This bike looks to have forward facing dropouts, which would definitely make it postwar.

"Skiptooth" or Inch pitch drive was used up into the 50's, as were rear facing dropouts(rear forkends) depending on the manufacturer. This bike looks to have forward facing dropouts, which would definitely make it postwar.
What are forward facing dropouts? Man ,i have so much to learn.lol

another thing I've had trouble with is this particular paint scheme. I've seen blue with white comet ,red and white,etc. Never white with blue comet and the comet on this bike isnt like the comets I've seen on others.

The area circled in blue is a dropout, which is where your wheel is secured to the frame on both sides of the bike. Mike is just trying to help you out, knowledge is power.

Sean
20190123_132210.jpg

Back