When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Schwinn Cycletruck

-

Old Trail

On Training Wheels
Here's my 1940 Cyclectruck. It's mostly original other than the tires and tubes and rear reflector. Plus I recovered seat. Every nut and screw are original except one bolt on the basket support. I stripped it tightening it up. Even the plywood is original. Replaced chain and pedals with period correct parts. One of the original torrington 10 pedals blocks were missing so I replaced them too. I have the old ones. I never removed the advertising sign.
Serial number says F39xxx but crank has the AS & Co. and E 41 stamped on it. So according to the serial number its a 40 but the crank is stamped 41? Plus the headset has no races for the bearings.
This is all the restoration this one is getting. Oil it down and make it rideable .

20230321_181842.jpg

I like it. Nice survivor you got there. If you need specific parts post your list in the wanted section. I'm sure there are a few people on this site with spare parts for this bike.

Cool surviving CT! As far as the year goes, between the two lists it could be a 40 or a 41. I'd go with this list and the 41 on crank date.

1679893813995.png

Thanks. That's why I was confused. The only other prewar chart I could find said F series numbers were 1940 but the crank was dated 41. I thought the crank could have been replaced but I think this bike has never been apart. Thanks again I knew somebody would know.

Back