When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Schwinn DX

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
1200/ offer
Zipcode

PlasticNerd

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Very nice clean model with springer. All original paint still shines. Actual shipping will be added to final price .

Sorry, Gary, don’t mean to highjack your For Sale thread, yet the pin striping on your guard caught my eye. Doesn't look like there was consistency with where the pin striping was placed. See pic of my DX. Repainted/restriped guard below and original on top, but compare my original to your original. Weird 🤨

4B778918-493A-437F-BE07-5BB3F0761D60.jpeg

They were "hand painted" by many different workers. I'm surprised they look that close after all these years.

I see many differences ivory and white striping, and even the reds don't match the frame and fenders.

John

@GTs58 The guard shown detached from the bike in the picture I posted has been repainted and re-pinstriped (I mentioned this in my post above "Repainted/restriped guard below and original on top").
The guard that is attached to the bike is 1000% original to the bike and has not be re-pinstriped nor are there black pins added. Please look again. What I was trying to draw attention to is that the white pins on the original guard shown on my DX are applied just above the creases in the guard, and the ones on Gary's guard and the pins on the dark blue guard you posted, are just below the creases. That's what's strange to me. Mine is original but seems to be an oddball.

Back