When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 schwinn new world

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
i ride fixed gear bikes all the time but never knew any history. the oldest bike i ride is early seventies. your schwinn gives me new found respect for the brand. beautiful bike, keep rollin.

The grips would have an Ovel schwinn not the tear-drop schwinn,and no finger grips.Other than that they do look almost like new cushion grips.

1941 New World Ladies

Here's the sister bike from 1941. Dated from the Morrow Hub code.
Glass reflector, forward facing dropouts, one piece crank.
Couldn't pass it up for $33

It's cold out so I haven't had the chance to detail it yet. The bike will come back quite a bit.

Attachments

• NW_1.jpg
    NW_1.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 263
  • NW_2.jpg
    NW_2.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 185
  • NW_3.jpg
    NW_3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 157
  • NW_4.jpg
    NW_4.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 154
  • NW_6.jpg
    NW_6.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 164
Wow, what a steal!! I can't quite make out what the small round "A S" tubing decal says, down on the lower portion of the seat tube. Would you do me a favor and post what you can read of it??

Reason I ask is I've heard so many people say the New World's were CroMo tubing, and I tend to think not.

Thanks! And congrats on a sweet bike!

mine say's Cromo on the tubing also 1941-1944

The same as hzqw21, but in boys, the only differants is I have 3 pieace crank
with the AS&CO logo. Thanks to RIC here on this forums I have the grips, just
waiting for spring for 1 fender brace. Then I will post pics.
Mitch

Here's the sister bike from 1941. Dated from the Morrow Hub code.
Glass reflector, forward facing dropouts, one piece crank.
Couldn't pass it up for $33

WAT ?!?! $33!! Incredible. Well done, sir!

I can't quite make out what the small round "A S" tubing decal says, down on the lower portion of the seat tube. Would you do me a favor and post what you can read of it??

That's the first thing I looked at to. The upper right portion of it looks a bit damaged. The words I can read around the rim are "genuine 'something' steel tubing" I've never seen one before. very cool.

The same as hzqw21, but in boys, the only differants is I have 3 pieace crank
with the AS&CO logo. Thanks to RIC here on this forums I have the grips, just
waiting for spring for 1 fender brace. Then I will post pics. Mitch

Is it spring yet?

AS Tubing Decal

Here's the decal.

It says:

Genuine Seamless
AS
Steel Tubing

No mention of Cro Mo.

Attachments

• TUBING.jpg
    TUBING.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 189
I'm working on an early post-war New World. It came with all black-out hubs, one-piece sprocket, and crank, wood block pedals,an inch-pitch ND two speed, and chrome handlebars. Forward facing rear drop-outs without holes for the fender stays. Original stays were like those on the 1940 above- wire, with a washer to mount over the axles. No brazed on kickstand mount, and an integral seatpost clamp. Serial number is K53826 stamped into the bottom bracket shell. Interestingly, there is no sign of the "genuine seamless tubing" decal, and the seat tube appears to have a seam when I poke a finger up from the bottom bracket. The headbadge and the downtube decal both say "New World". This was my daily driver for several years but has been laid up for almost 20. I'm looking forward to getting back on the road, if in a slightly tarted up form- adding a front hub brake either 650B or 26X1 3/8 aluminum rims and a cottered crank for a slightly more serious adult bike effect.

Last edited:
1941 new world green

does it look like this one.
Mitch

Attachments

• 1941 new world 001.jpg
    1941 new world 001.jpg
    730 KB · Views: 231
  • 1941 new world 002.jpg
    1941 new world 002.jpg
    693.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 1941 new world 003.jpg
    1941 new world 003.jpg
    911.7 KB · Views: 179
Mitch:
It did look a lot like the 1941, but with a one piece crank and ND hubs and a long period of neglect before I found it. I'd post a picture, but it's a basket case right now. What is your serial number? It looks like you have forward facing drop-outs as well.

Back