When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1940 SCHWINN STRAIGHT BAR AUTOCYCLE/ FENDER LIGHT DRUM BRAKE ETC. COOL RIDER! 800.00

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
For Sale- 40' build up rider in the cool Cobalt blue color.
Details as follows:

Frame was from the incredible Lee Hartung auction in Chicago several years ago...One of the
most incredible automobile, motorcycle, bicycle auctions in recent history. I acquired this frame
and a several others that were Schwinn factory "repaints" ....in other words frames that were
returned to Schwinn via their Warranty due to damage etc. This particular frame did have some
dings and dents in the rear frame stays. A few years ago I did the body work and color
matched the paint to remedy the dings and dents. These frames were most likely never meant
for resale, but were RE done at the factory by most likely the new frame painters in the house...
I purchased over a 1/2 dozen frames like this from the Hartung estate.

Added a very nice Springer fork front fender. I does do the trick but I did not want to DRILL another
hole in the fender to attach it to the fork. The buyer may want to switch to spring fork some day.
VERY NICE straight front 41 Fender.

Rear fender is from a ladies 38 or 39 bicycle and has beautiful BRIGHT Cobalt paint that has NO
fade...almost NOS looking color on this, but it does have the skirt holes. Fits the frame perfectly!

------------Keep in mind....this is a BUILD up from various parts including the painted parts..
all Blue parts were from different bikes so fade and shade will vary slightly. I'm only giving up on a more
passionate build of this bike due to the inability to find a mens rear fender for the last few years in the Cobalt for 40 or 41.

Chain guard has been stripped to bare metal, is totally rechromable, fairly straight, but will need a clear
coat applied or rechroming to prevent rust on exposed metal

Non locking front truss fork original paint.

Rechromed 40/41 sprocket, fair shape.

Good drop center correct late 30s through 1941 drop center Matching wheel set.

Front drum brake is ok, but there is a little slack on the pivot arm, shoes are there and
clevis is there, just no cable.

Original saddle looks decent survivor but is the smaller profile pan, not large one.

Rear glass Schwinn prewar reflector is rough.

Lasalle badge.

40/41 brake lever but no cable.

AS Stem, Schwinn bars and Black oval grips...

VERY cool looking 'project' bike ....>Needs TLC to be a rider, tune to your
specs.

800 on this OBO

I also have an original PREWAR Schwinn straight bar tank that is in the Cobalt blue
and Ivory paint with the 'outie' Delta horn unit. Will sell separately for 350.00 only
to the new owner of the bike, will not sell separately.

Add shipping of 80.00 US

email [email protected]
or msg here

40.JPG
401.JPG
403.JPG
406.JPG
402.JPG

Back