When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Schwinn Super Deluxe Autocycle, Fresh Barn Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schwinn often used last years parts on builds.... I've had a handful of untouched
1940 models with the high brace.
this bike has brakes that were not introduced until 1940...it is a 1940 model
I have an untouched 1939. It has the low brace.

Schwinn often used last years parts on builds.... I've had a handful of untouched
1940 models with the high brace.
this bike has brakes that were not introduced until 1940...it is a 1940 model
I think my previous post was meant to reply to yours about the brakes. I get these threads mixed up sometimes.

This beautiful bike is a 1940 flat out! I wouldn't even care what the serial number showed at this point. Or the date of the crank. There is flap about the rear most fender brace also being in the up position-so what. Late 1939 bikes are the new 1940 models. Parts being used for a brief time late in 1939 and into 1940-there will be some inconsistencies-i.e. upper and lower rear fender braced fenders. The biggest fly in the ointment is the serial number itself. the small tube(bottom bracket) of the frame that has the serial number-probably was stamped in 1939 and as they got around to welding up the frame by early 1940-there you are. This happens every year. Many bikes layed around shops for months-some years before being sold and 'upgraded' to help with a sale. Relax everyone-make allowances for these inconsistencies in late year transitions/variances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back