When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940 Schwinn Super Deluxe Autocycle, Fresh Barn Find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found in a barn in Endwell NY this week a 1940 Deluxe Autocycle, The bike was put in the barn in 1948 and has not been touched since. The last license plate is dated 1945. The bike was so dirty you could not tell the color, it was just hosed off. The bike has all its original parts and has not been touched except for washing the dirt off. As far as I can tell there is nothing missing from this bike. Bike was offered to a local auction house, they turned it down and it was going to be thrown out until it got saved and was sold to me. question is keep it the way it is or restore? thanks for looking

View attachment 1466321

View attachment 1466322

View attachment 1466323

View attachment 1466324

View attachment 1466325

View attachment 1466326
Wow! What a beauty. I personally would probably completely disassemble it, clean and shine every part, reassemble ( take it for a ride if possible), then display it somewhere to be enjoyed as a piece of transportation history. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Hahahaha, I like that.: "Fame and Fortune"... Is it that the next owner will be "Famous" for paying a "Fortune" for it or will it be that the seller will be "Famous" for selling the bike for a "Fortune"?? Seems like I am always on the wrong side of this "Fame" thing...
It is a good thing if Ken want's to buy because he is overpaying for everything. Great if you own it bad if you are looking. The VW bus market went throught the same thing. One guy with more money then sense paid $200k for a $50k bus... Now everyone Waiting for Ken to come OVERPAY..... Please STOP!! LOL You better hope your twin will buy if you ever need to sell.

It is a good thing if Ken want's to buy because he is overpaying for everything. Great if you own it bad if you are looking. The VW bus market went throught the same thing. One guy with more money then sense paid $200k for a $50k bus... Now everyone Waiting for Ken to come OVERPAY..... Please STOP!! LOL You better hope your twin will buy if you ever need to sell.
Ken didn't buy this bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back