When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1940's Columbia 4 Star Deluxe

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$450 OBO
Zipcode

hawkster19

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I'm offering a 1940's Columbia 4 Star Deluxe. The previous owner repainted the tank, front light and fork but the frame is original paint with a great head badge. I don't think it would take too much work to take this back to the original paint on those parts if you so desired. The front brake and hub are in great shape and is my favorite part of the bike. I have lots of bikes but not a lot with that setup.

The bike has been fully rehabbed and rides great as is. I believe some of these images were taken before I rehabbed the hubs last summer. Free pick up in west central Ohio or exact shipping to wherever you are added to the price. I'm asking a reasonable $500 since it has the repainted parts.

11.jpg

DSC_9214.jpg

DSC_9215.jpg

DSC_9216.jpg

DSC_9218.jpg

DSC_9219.jpg

DSC_9221.jpg

Am I somehow asking too much for my bikes? $500 seems like a steal and not one message or any interest of any kind. Is the bicycle market that terrible right now? I thought this would sell instantly for $500.
Sometimes it takes a little while until the bike gets in front of the right person. No shipping also removes potential buyers. Did you research in the sold forum to see if there are any comps? Real nice bike, good luck

They hate when I say this but so be it. Seeing it's been repainted anyway you'd make for money off it parting it out & a lot easier to ship as parts. Only a suggestion no need to bite my head off. You all know if bikes didn't get parted out you'd NEVER finish your projects.

Sometimes it takes a little while until the bike gets in front of the right person. No shipping also removes potential buyers. Did you research in the sold forum to see if there are any comps? Real nice bike, good luck

They hate when I say this but so be it. Seeing it's been repainted anyway you'd make for money off it parting it out & a lot easier to ship as parts. Only a suggestion no need to bite my head off. You all know if bikes didn't get parted out you'd NEVER finish your projects.
This bike will never be parted out by me. It's an all original that some numbskull decided to partially repaint. That doesn't make it a parts candidate in my view. If someone else buys it and parts it out, that's out of my hands. It won't be me.

And one more thing - that someone repainted some parts doesn't make it a worthless original, which is what your post sounds like. "Someone repainted a few parts so who cares if it stays together"....so weird.

Back