When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1940's Rollfast...Quite Crusty!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
@Sven ...after what I told you yesterday, I'm at it again! !@#$%^&*()....... I can't pass up a bargain! :tonguewink:...and 47 miles from my house out on Long Island .

I got this girls Rollfast and a Raleigh Twenty ( from the same home, where they languished in a very damp, dark basement for decades). And oh boy did the "Gods Of Rust And Dampness" have a time with them! You'll see from the photos.
With the exception of the pedals, hand grips and tires, the Rollfast looks complete (I'll Post the Raleigh later). I'm going assume that the basket was added on as a grocery getter many years by the woman of the house. Both bikes were hanging from their front wheels from the ceiling where they had stayed all these years.

I purchased the two bikes from a young couple who were only there for three years, but the original owners family who sold it to them (who built the house in the 1940's) just left everything down there. (American Pickers would have gone crazy, with the pottery and other assorted items laying about). They told me that they were never even really down there (outside entrance with those large doors that lay at a 45 degree angle to get into the basement) because of access. Nice family, and they were glad I was getting the bike. They figured the woman who sold them the house kept the bike (and they assumed it had been her mothers) because of keeping everytrhing else. Boy, if you like old hand held Farm tools you'd love this place.

I am going to assume that the Rollfast is mid to late 40's...possibly right after the War ended. OR, is it possible just Prewar by a year or two? If anyone knows, please let me know.

And of course another deal, in my opinion, even given the condition...$25...:cool: (The Raleigh was the same price also)

Last edited:
@Sven ...after what I told you yesterday, I'm at it again! !@#$%^&*()....... I can't pass up a bargain! :tonguewink:...and 47 miles from my house out on Long Island .

I got this girls Rollfast and a Raleigh Twenty ( from the same home, where they languished in a very damp, dark basement for decades). And oh boy did the "Gods Of Rust And Dampness" have a time with them! You'll see from the photos.
With the exception of the pedals, hand grips and tires, the Rollfast looks complete (I'll Post the Raleigh later). I'm going assume that the basket was added on as a grocery getter many years by the woman of the house. Both bikes were hanging from their front wheels from the ceiling where they had stayed all these years.

I purchased the two bikes from a young couple who were only there for three years, but the original owners family who sold it to them (who built the house in the 1940's) just left everything down there. (American Pickers would have gone crazy, with the pottery and other assorted items laying about). They told me that they were never even really down there (outside entrance with those large doors that lay at a 45 degree angle to get into the basement) because of access. Nice family, and they were glad I was getting the bike. They figured the woman who sold them the house kept the bike (and they assumed it had been her mothers) because of keeping everytrhing else. Boy, if you like old hand held Farm tools you'd love this place.

I am going to assume that the Rollfast is mid to late 40's...possibly right after the War ended. OR, is it possible just Prewar by a year or two? If anyone knows, please let me know.

And of course another deal, in my opinion, even given the condition...$25...:cool: (The Raleigh was the same price also)

View attachment 1269257

View attachment 1269258

View attachment 1269259

View attachment 1269260

View attachment 1269261

View attachment 1269262

View attachment 1269263

View attachment 1269264

View attachment 1269265

View attachment 1269266

View attachment 1269267

View attachment 1269268